Total Pageviews

difergi

wandering on a road to an unknown destination
self actualization in a discovery mode

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

This is where it gets scary....

This piece is  halfway composed and before I go any further in the sky I have to do some dying/inking.  Now why is this scary?  The answer is because I have already input many hours to get this far, the pieces are quilted together and some embellishment has already been added. The ink is applied on a wet surface and can very easily bleed into areas where it is unwanted.  So, my self-taught technique is, I have an iron right next to where I am inking and just work in small areas at a time..Drying and setting the ink with the heat ...works most of the time  ;-), of course I also use the crossed fingers technique....it is the times it doesn't work that make it scary...

No comments:

Post a Comment